- Preheat Your Air Fryer: Begin by preheating your air fryer to 375°F (190°C). Preheating helps the chicken cutlets cook evenly and develop a crispy exterior.
- Prepare the Chicken: Place the chicken breasts on a clean cutting board and use a sharp knife to trim any excess fat. To ensure even cooking, consider butterflying the chicken breasts by slicing them horizontally, but you can also use whole chicken breasts. If you butterfly them, be sure to adjust the cooking time slightly.
- Season the Chicken: In a small bowl, combine the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with this mixture. This will add flavor to the meat.
- Coating Station: Create a breading station with three shallow dishes. In the first dish, place the all-purpose flour. In the second dish, beat the eggs. In the third dish, add the breadcrumbs. This setup will help you coat the chicken evenly.
- Coat the Chicken: Take one chicken breast at a time, dredge it in the flour, ensuring it’s evenly coated. Shake off any excess flour. Dip it into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off, and finally, coat it in the breadcrumbs. Press the breadcrumbs onto the chicken to make sure they adhere well. Place the breaded chicken cutlet on a clean plate or tray.
- Spray or Brush with Oil: Lightly spray the breaded chicken cutlets with cooking spray or use a brush to apply a thin layer of cooking oil. This step helps the cutlets become crispy when air-fried.
- Air Fry the Chicken: Carefully arrange the chicken cutlets in a single layer in the preheated air fryer basket. You may need to cook them in batches depending on the size of your air fryer. Make sure there is some space between each cutlet to allow for proper air circulation.
- Cooking Time: Air fry the chicken cutlets at 375°F (190°C) for approximately 10-12 minutes per side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) and have a golden-brown, crispy crust. Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the cutlets and the specific air fryer model you are using.
- Serve: Once the chicken cutlets are cooked to perfection, remove them from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes. This will help retain their juiciness. Serve your air fryer chicken cutlets with your favorite dipping sauces, a fresh salad, or as part of a delicious sandwich.
Air fryer chicken cutlets provide a healthier alternative to traditional deep-fried cutlets without sacrificing flavor or texture. With the right combination of seasonings and the convenience of your air fryer, you can enjoy crispy and succulent chicken cutlets that are sure to be a hit at your dinner table. Give this recipe a try and savor the guilt-free pleasure of a classic dish made in a modern way.