- Prepare the Sauce:
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, dark soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, grated ginger, and minced garlic. Set the sauce aside.
- Sauté the Pork:
- Turn on the Instant Pot and select the “Sauté” function. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in the pot.
- Add the thinly sliced pork and sauté for about 3-4 minutes, or until it turns brown. Once done, transfer the pork to a plate and set it aside.
- Sauté the Vegetables:
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the Instant Pot.
- Add the sliced onion, bell pepper, carrot, broccoli, snap peas, and mushrooms.
- Sauté the vegetables for 2-3 minutes until they start to become tender.
- Cook the Noodles:
- Break the lo mein or egg noodles in half and place them on top of the sautéed vegetables in the Instant Pot.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the noodles, ensuring they are evenly coated.
- Pressure Cook:
- Close the Instant Pot lid, set the valve to “Sealing,” and select the “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” function. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Quick Release and Finish:
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, perform a quick pressure release.
- Carefully open the lid and give the contents a good stir.
- Add the sautéed pork back into the pot and stir to combine.
- Select the “Sauté” function again and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the pork is heated through and the noodles are tender.
- Plate the Pork Lo Mein, garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
- Enjoy your homemade Instant Pot Pork Lo Mein!
This Instant Pot Pork Lo Mein recipe offers a fantastic way to enjoy the flavors of your favorite Chinese takeout dish right in the comfort of your own kitchen. With the magic of the Instant Pot, you can have a satisfying meal on the table in no time. The combination of tender pork, colorful vegetables, and flavorful noodles in a savory sauce is sure to make this a family favorite. Say goodbye to takeout and hello to homemade Pork Lo Mein!