- Prep the Beef:
- Start by patting the beef roast dry with paper towels. This helps the seasoning stick better.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, and dried rosemary.
- Season the Beef:
- Rub the seasoning mixture all over the beef roast, ensuring it’s evenly coated.
- Sear the Beef:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Sear the beef on all sides until it develops a golden-brown crust. This step locks in the flavors and juices of the meat.
- Prepare the Slow Cooker:
- Place the sliced onions, minced garlic, carrots, and potatoes at the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add the Beef:
- Place the seared beef roast on top of the vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Liquid Mixture:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beef broth and red wine (if using).
- Pour this liquid mixture over the beef.
- Cooking Time:
- Cover the slow cooker and set it to cook on low heat for 7-8 hours. Slow cooking allows the beef to become incredibly tender.
- Check for Doneness:
- After the cooking time is up, check the roast for doneness. It should easily shred with a fork.
- Carefully remove the roast from the slow cooker and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Serve the succulent roast beef slices alongside the cooked vegetables and a ladle of the rich, flavorful cooking liquid.
This Slow Cooker Roast Beef recipe is a game-changer for anyone looking to enjoy a delectable roast without much effort. With the right blend of seasoning and a slow cooker’s magic, you can achieve a tender, flavorful roast beef that will impress your family and guests alike. Serve it with your favorite sides for a complete and satisfying meal. Enjoy the convenience and deliciousness of slow-cooked perfection!